- Hypothyroidism Signs
- Hyperthyroidism Signs
- Inflammation of the thyroid (Hashimoto)
- If you have these symptoms, you may have thyroid disease !!
- Hypothyroidism in children
- Thyroid diseases and obesity connection
- Can weight gain or loss be explained by hypothyroidism?
- Which antibodies are analysed in thyroid inflammation?
- What are the complications of hyperthyroidism?
- New technology laser therapy for Hashimoto disease (hypothyroidism)
- Laser therapy for Hashimoto tyroiditis
Address: Fulya mah. Büyükdere cad. 74/A No: 60. Torun Center Mecidiyeköy. 34394 (Eski Ali Sami Yen Stadı Yeri)
Phone: 0535 642 07 73
Advanced Techniques in Thyroid Diseases » PET (Positron Emission Tomography)
PET (Positron Emission Tomography)
An imaging carried out with positron emission tomography (PET) devices; is a scintigraphic method using radionuclides that emits positron (positively charged electron) and thus displaying the whole body.
http://www.yesimerbil.com/tiroid-sintigrafisi It is an advanced technology combining scintigraphy and tomography. A contrast substance similar to glucose (sugar) is used. Since there are many glucose (sugar) transporter molecules in the cancer tissue, the administered substance is accumulated in the cancerous tissue and images are obtained in this way.
PET is not a routine checkup examination. It is used in special cases.
If there is an uptake of thyroid nodule in a PET scan performed for other reasons, biopsy should be performed because of the 30% cancer risk.
The level of Tg used in the follow-up of thyroid cancer is high, PET scan is performed in cases in which no metastasis is visualized in scintigraphy or ultrasonography.
Thyroid carcinoma uptake in the neck and lung metastases in PET