- Hypothyroidism Signs
- Hyperthyroidism Signs
- Inflammation of the thyroid (Hashimoto)
- If you have these symptoms, you may have thyroid disease !!
- Hypothyroidism in children
- Thyroid diseases and obesity connection
- Can weight gain or loss be explained by hypothyroidism?
- Which antibodies are analysed in thyroid inflammation?
- What are the complications of hyperthyroidism?
- New technology laser therapy for Hashimoto disease (hypothyroidism)
- Laser therapy for Hashimoto tyroiditis
Address: Abdi İpekçi Caddesi No: 57, Reasürans İş Hanı 1, Kat 3, Nişantaşı / İstanbul
Phone: 0535 642 07 73
Parathyroid Diseases » Hyperparathyroidism in Renal Failure
It is the activity increase in the parathyroid glands due to low calcium or high phosphorus levels. Secondary hyperparathyroidism is a common complication of chronic renal failure.
In patients with chronic renal insufficiency, the inability to discharge phosphorus received by food with the urine result in hyperphosphatemia and then hypocalcemia. Hypocalcemia stimulates PTH secretion and also hyperphosphatemia reduces the synthesis of vitamin D.
Total parathyroidectomy (removal of all glands) and autotransplantation (planting of a part in the body) are performed or 3.5 glands are removed.