- Hypothyroidism Signs
- Hyperthyroidism Signs
- Inflammation of the thyroid (Hashimoto)
- If you have these symptoms, you may have thyroid disease !!
- Hypothyroidism in children
- Thyroid diseases and obesity connection
- Can weight gain or loss be explained by hypothyroidism?
- Which antibodies are analysed in thyroid inflammation?
- What are the complications of hyperthyroidism?
- New technology laser therapy for Hashimoto disease (hypothyroidism)
- Laser therapy for Hashimoto tyroiditis
Address: Abdi İpekçi Caddesi No: 57, Reasürans İş Hanı 1, Kat 3, Nişantaşı / İstanbul
Phone: 0535 642 07 73
Thyroid Gland and Thyroid Hormones » Effect of Drugs on Thyroid Hormones
Drugs that alter thyroid functions
Drugs that cause hypothyroidism
Thionamides, lithium, amiodarone, potassium iodide, betadine, cough syrups, thalidomide, contrast agents used in radiology, cholestyramine, omeprazole, lansoprazole, calcium carbonate, ferrous sulphate, aluminum hydroxide, chromium, glucocorticoids, dopamine, dobutamine, somatostatin, metformin, interferon alfa, interleukin-2
Drugs that cause hyperthyroidism
Amiodarone, iodine, interferon alpha, interleukin-2
In case of unexplained thyroid hormone test disorders, detailed history of drug use should be taken. Even if a drug that the patient does not mind is used, the doctor should be informed. If a drug that affects the metabolism of thyroid hormone is used, there should be 4 hour intervals between medications.