- Hypothyroidism Signs
- Hyperthyroidism Signs
- Inflammation of the thyroid (Hashimoto)
- If you have these symptoms, you may have thyroid disease !!
- Hypothyroidism in children
- Thyroid diseases and obesity connection
- Can weight gain or loss be explained by hypothyroidism?
- Which antibodies are analysed in thyroid inflammation?
- What are the complications of hyperthyroidism?
- New technology laser therapy for Hashimoto disease (hypothyroidism)
- Laser therapy for Hashimoto tyroiditis
Address: Abdi İpekçi Caddesi No: 57, Reasürans İş Hanı 1, Kat 3, Nişantaşı / İstanbul
Phone: 0535 642 07 73
Advanced Techniques in Thyroid Diseases » Cervical CT and MRI
High-resolution, three-dimensional imaging of the thyroid gland is obtained with Cervical CT and MRI. However, there is no superior method than ultrasound for the examination of thyroid tissue.
CT and MRI analyses are not required for every thyroid patient. In case of internal goiter, CT or MRI is performed to determine the level of the thyroid gland extension in the thoracic cavity. If metastasis of a known thyroid carcinoma is suspected in the surrounding tissues of the neck, organs or veins, again these advanced imaging analyses are preferred. In practice, only 10-15% of thyroid diseases require CT or MRI.
BT: Lung metastasis BT: Giant goitre
BT: Internal goiter appearance