- Hypothyroidism Signs
- Hyperthyroidism Signs
- Inflammation of the thyroid (Hashimoto)
- If you have these symptoms, you may have thyroid disease !!
- Hypothyroidism in children
- Thyroid diseases and obesity connection
- Can weight gain or loss be explained by hypothyroidism?
- Which antibodies are analysed in thyroid inflammation?
- What are the complications of hyperthyroidism?
- New technology laser therapy for Hashimoto disease (hypothyroidism)
- Laser therapy for Hashimoto tyroiditis
Address: Abdi İpekçi Caddesi No: 57, Reasürans İş Hanı 1, Kat 3, Nişantaşı / İstanbul
Phone: 0535 642 07 73
Under or Over-function of Thyroid Gland » Can weight gain or loss be explained by hypothyroidism?
Hypothyroidism can cause very different complaints, but these subjective complaints can also be seen in other diseases. Patients should be carefully questioned during taking their anamnesis, and it should be tried to understood whether these complaints are really related to hypothyroidism or not.
Malaise, fatigue, joint pain, gaining weight, skin dryness, hair loss, matted hair, feeling cold, constipation, infertility, depression, perceptual disorder and change in voice (coarse voice/hoarseness) are the signs of hypothyroidism. Dry skin, bradycardia, coarse voice, slow reflexes, oedema around the eyes and on feet are significant findings of hypothyroidism encountered during the examination.
Gaining weight and inability to lose weight are very common complaints. The patient's nutrition habit should be learnt and these complaints should be investigated whether they are related to hypothyroidism or not.